Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aircraft Losses in SEAC (India, Ceylon, Burma) - 1st Update - Harvards and Hurricanes

Jagan,

You may want to check the Appendix of my paper "Hawker Hurricane emergency shipments for Singapore, Burma, Ceylon and the Netherlands East Indies, December 1941-April 1942" published on www.academia.edu (just fill in Peter Boer in the search window) for more serials and data on losses from the period January 1942-April 1942.
    Thank you for making your data available in this way. The data base is fast becoming a most valuable research tool.

Peter Boer

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tip and for sharing that document. Quite an informative and comprehensive paper on a topic close to my heart. I will verify the information related to India and Burma and consolidate whatever information from it with due credits - many thanks.

FWIW, I kept myself away from adding the Malaya and Sumatra / NEI Hurricane losses . your work covers that gap very well.

As an aside, a parallel database i was working on is a database of All Hurricanes that ended up in the far east - a list of about approx 2300 numbers that include the ones that went to Malaya and NEI. Your doc will again be very useful for me to update fates etc..and maybe even add new entries..

Thank you Jagan; glad that my research can be put to good use.

For those members and readers who want to download my paper without having to sign up with academia.edu the following may be useful.

https://independent.academia.edu/PeterBoer

Best regards,
    Peter Boer

Data Refreshed

Aircraft Name Nos
    Harvard IIb 127
    Hurricane 1213
    Spitfire 275
    Wapiti IIA 43

Jagan,

5-Mar-43 - 111244 F/L Cecil Brian Powell DAVIES - No.681 Sqn - Spitfire PR.IVT BP880 - Believed abandoned 10m S of Dum Dum.

1-Aug-45 - 1740 F/O Sardar Shah Muhammad Zahid - No.8 Sqn IAF - Spitfire LFVIII MT999 - Supply dropping - Last reported position 18.08N:97.50E.

17-Sep-45 - 3018 P/O Gladstone Herbert SNELL - No.8 Sqn IAF - Spitfire LFVIII LV646 - Last reported position - over sea, 40m E of Amherst 16.22N:97.13E

I notice for AUS406847 F/Sgt lan Wesley HAIN RAAF, you have his date of death as 28 October, 1943. It should read 28 September, 1943.

As before, all info tentatve.

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 23rd May 2017 at 08:25.