Thread: Question on Air Ministry files entitiled CMS?

Thanks

Default Question on Air Ministry files entitiled CMS?

Hi all

Following a visit to the NA I referenced within some AIR files, documents that appear to relate to contemporary files entitled 'CMS' followed by numeric references.

Can anyone advise on what these files are and if they can be viewed holistically, rather than the piecemeal items I sourced within the AIR files I was reviewing?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Nick

Thanks

CMS was an abbreviation for the RAF's 'Central Medical Services' - but there may be other ones out there!
    Rgds
    Jonny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    CMS was an abbreviation for the RAF's 'Central Medical Services' - but there may be other ones out there!
    Rgds
    Jonny
    Hi Jonny

Thanks for the input but that would not be the case in these instances. It was correspondence between the CAS/VCAS/ACAS amongst other high-ranking bods.

Best

Nick

Thanks

Nick, it's a big subject. Can you give some context? Where did you see these papers? (in an ORB, raid reports, meeting summaries etc.) What type of content did they have?

Bruce
    EDIT: crossed posts, saw your #3 after I had posted. Still would help to know the type of content: were they all titled/headed in the same way? Were they a form that had been filled in or a narrative?
    Last edited by bruce dennis; 10th April 2017 at 14:49.
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruce dennis View Post
    Nick, it's a big subject. Can you give some context? Where did you see these papers? (in an ORB, raid reports, meeting summaries etc.) What type of content did they have?

Bruce
    EDIT: crossed posts, saw your #3 after I had posted. Still would help to know the type of content: were they all titled/headed in the same way? Were they a form that had been filled in or a narrative?
    Hi Bruce - have Pm'd. Thanks