Thread: F/Sgt William Kenneth GREGG D.F.M. 162 Sqn - correct details?

Thanks

Default F/Sgt William Kenneth GREGG D.F.M. 162 Sqn - correct details?

Hello everyone

The Hartlepool Mail of January 11th 1946 reported the following:

AWARDED D.F.M.
    For "devotion toduty in the execution of air operations" Flight-Sergt. (now Flying Officer) William Kenneth Gregg (22), R.A.F.V.R., 162nd Squadron, of 11 Gladstone Street, Hartlepool, has been awarded the D.F.M. Flying Officer Gregg, who was educated at Henry Smith School, Hartlepool, is the son of Mr. Wm. H Gregg, secretary to Messrs. Sutton Bros., Hartlepool, and he was formerly on the staff of the Midland Bank, Ltd., at Stockton.

After a fruitless search online, with the London Gazette website reluctant to reveal its secrets, are all these details correct? I'm thinking there may be something amiss somewhere as I can't seem to to find him on FreeBMD, ancestry.co.uk or Scotland's People...

Many thanks

Simon

Thanks

Simon

There is no sign of a citation in Tavender under that name but there is one under the name of F/Sgt. William Kenneth Grigg 1523757 : 162 Sqn.

Regards

Douglas
    Last edited by Theletterwriter; 4th May 2017 at 15:38. Reason: Extra information

Thanks

Thanks Douglas, I reckon that's him. His D.F.M. was gazetted on December 4th 1945, so that fits perfectly.

I knew something wasn't right - I tried Greig, and swapping his Christian names over, but not Grigg!

Thanks again.

Regards

Simon