Thread: "I met the men who saved Britain"

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default "I met the men who saved Britain"

I am looking for a copy of Dorothy Thompson's article "I met the men who saved Britain", Sunday Chronicle,published 3 August 1941. Your help would be, as always, very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Peter

Thanks

Hi Peter
    Have you tried The British Library? They hold a comprehensive stock of newspapers, magazines and periodicals goung back 200+ years. Some years ago it was physically held in a building opposite Colindale Station on the Northern Line on the underground on the road that went to the RAF Museum at Hendon. The last time I visited a lot was held on microfilm and digital records and with luck much more should be available in these formats and could be searchable online
    Dick

Thanks

Searching the British Newspaper Archives for Dorothy Thompson August 1-7 1941 brings up 72 references, none though for the 3rd and the only mention of the Sunday Chronicle is in the Newcastle Journal 1/8/41
    :" Debt to the R.A.F. Dorothy Thompson, the American writer, and the world’s greatest woman journalist, has visited R.A.F. station, and in the “Sunday Chronicle she will tell of what she has seen. She will show more clearly than it has ever been shown before"

Thanks

Gentlemen, thank you both
    So far I've tried the BNA, but nothing for the 3rd.
    Peter