Thread: Poulton or Pulford Airfield Chester, help needed

Thanks

Default Poulton or Pulford Airfield Chester, help needed

The Pulford or Poulton Airfield was built in Chester during WW2, thats pretty much all i can tell you historically, however i can tell you that this airfield is slowly but shorly being removed. There are plans in the next few years to remove most of the remaining runway.

The are still remains of buildings, air raid shelters, ect even an old bottle tip ! thats how untouched it is! The pits the planes used to park in still exist so plenty to see, but as i say for how long ?

I can find no pictures of this airfield in use on the internet and feel it should be recorded for historical purposes.

The airfield is on a private estate and cannot be accessed by the general public, however i happen to work there so I can get you access.

If anyone would like to take this project on please contact me ASAP.

If no one does, then can the forum mebers reading this please give me some pointers ect on what i should be recording.

Can you please help record this airfield before its to late.

Regards
    Brett

Eddie Fell Guest

Poulton airfield was opened in 1943 and closed in 1945. It was part of 12 Group and used as a Satellite of Hawarden. It had 8 Blister and 1 Bessoneau hangers.

Source: Military airfields (Willis/Holliss)

Cheers

Eddie

Thanks

Default Poulton

G'day

The official postal address was:

Pulford, Wrexham, Derbyshire

Cheers...Chris

Thanks

Default Pulford / poulton

Address in Chester in Cheshire, quite away from Derbyshire, but thanks for the post.

Regards
    Brett

Thanks

That would be Denbighshire, old Welsh county name before the modern varients
    Stewart

Doug Cuthbertson Guest

Brett,
    If you would like a scan of Poulton's entry in Military Airfields, PM me with your e-mail address.
    Doug.

Thanks

It probably doesn't add to the knowledgr but what is left can be clearly seen on http://www.content-delivery.co.uk/aviation/airfields/Poulton.html. and if you zoom out enough it can be placed in the context of the surrounding country
    Regards
    Dick