Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1627274 Sgt Charles Storer Nelson, 51 Sqdn, KIA 02/03 October 1943

Thanks

Hi Pat,

I had a look at the Aussie Nixon file in Canberra and it states the despite a through search no trace of Nixon or any other members of the crew had been traced and their name would be recorded on a memorial to the missing.

Cheers,

John.

Thanks

Thanks for looking, John - I have a feeling this is a story I'll be circling back to periodically, but for now I guess we've got as far as we can with it. I haven't been able to dig up any further biographical details of Sgt Nelson, though we've certainly made some progress on the crash - for which, many thanks to you and everyone else who have contributed.

Cheers, Pat.

Thanks

hello Pat. I am Charles S. Nelson's neice and have information on him. Who are you please? I have only just discovered this forum and my cousin has also come across the diving article identifying the site of the Halifax.

Thanks

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The bald fact of your uncle's death came up a while ago on another forum, WW2Talk, as a kind of "on this day" thing, and my interest was piqued so I posted on here to see what the local experts might be able to add to his story: I have no connection except that, like many, I feel it's important to remember those who died in the war (my father had 3 brothers who served, including one as a Halifax pilot). My longer-term intention was to let this thread stand as an act of remembrance to your uncle and his crew, once we'd found out what we could. Accordingly, everything I know is on this thread I'm afraid - if you have anything you could add I'm sure it would be of interest to the readers and contributors of the thread.

Cheers, Pat.