Thread: Summary of Aircraft Damaged on Day & Night Op Air14/3463

Thanks

Default Summary of Aircraft Damaged on Day & Night Op Air14/3463

Hi,

It appears I am missing the page for December 31st 1944 of the above document.

I am looking a copy of this page if possible or details relating to the 3 Group attack on Vohwinkel Marshalling Yards.

TIA

Steve
    No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron Association Historian
    No.623 squadron Research

~~IN TIME ~~

Thanks

Steve - I have a copy of that page and can email it to you if you give me the address. Its shows the usual tally of flak hits - most were 1 to 4 hits, 514 A was hit 22 times. No damage done by fighters. 195 D was damaged in a collision and 218 K was damaged by fragments from explosion of its own bombs.

Thanks

Apologies for this aside but could anyone advise on how the details in this report compare to the content on the accident cards?. The reason I am asking is I need a couple of 100 accident cards but I am limited to requesting a maximum of 15 at a time, so it is a slow process .... would obtaining this file from TNA short circuit the process and enable me to identify why a particular aircraft was off strength?.

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Pete - they list the date and target, Group, type of aircraft, other columns are for Damaged by Flak, Damaged by Fighters, Damaged not Due to Enemy Action & Outstanding Aircraft. Aircraft are listed by squadron, serial number & letter code. If the damage was serious it listed the category. I have only found them for 1944 and 1945.

Thanks

AIR 14/3640 has all of 1943 and Dec 1942, damaged aircraft on night ops. It also goes up to April 1945, excluding some of the day ops.

Richard

Thanks

In addition AIR 14/3460 has 450 odd pages, I have a paper copy from a few years back.

Richard