Thread: Posts on Page 2 onwards.Crew relative search

Thanks

Default Posts on Page 2 onwards.Crew relative search

Is it the case that once an unanswered post goes to Page 2, or after ,it's lost forever ?
    I rarely look beyond the first page unless I haven't been to the site for a few days or am looking for an older post.
    -------------------------------
    I'm trying again with this post originally placed on 13th July.

I am seeking relatives of 3 x RAF men from 460 Sqdn RAAF based at Binbrook Lincs.

Part of the crew of Lancaster EE138, shot down over Stadil, Denmark 4th September 1943 .

Sgt Herbert F Jowett from Burnley, Lancs. [stepfather F Lee]
    Sgt John C Coombes /Combes from Bosham, nr Chichester Sussex
    Sgt Arthur Rolfe from Yeadon nr Leeds, Yorks.

A commemoration is being held in Denmark in September.

Unfortunately Channel 4 telext Service Pals has closed down but I'm placing notices & having articles written in the local newspapers & am writing letters.

Anne

Thanks

Anne,
    I guess you know about this site: http://www.ee138.net/
    Regards
    Max

Thanks

Default ee138.net

Max
    Yes I do & am trying to help the organisers in Australia by searching for RAF crew relatives here in UK -for the commemoration .Hopefully it's moving forward !

Anne

Thanks

Default ee138.net

I suspected as much Anne! I've also been in touch with Peter Forrester and recommended his site on a Lancaster forum, see http://lancaster-archive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129
    Let me know if I can help in any way, this kind of thing is dear to my heart.
    Regards
    Max

Thanks

Default ee138.net

Max
    Thank you .I will contact you if no results from newspaper artcles & letters by beginning of August. You probably have contacts that I don't have ?

Coombes lived in Bosham nr. Chichester which is very, very vaguely down your way as the others lived in Burnley & Yeadon nr Leeds.I'll see how my letters & the newspaper notices go & my contact in Emsworth, where a Coombes related nephew lived/lives. Also searching for a brother of Thirkettle in Norwich.

I'd found some Aus.relatives in Campbelltown, NSW for a Nova Scotia Memorial via a local newspaper notice there. A training accident 1942.The pilot was RAAF.

That spurred me on.

Anne