Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Operations: One squadrons contribution. 2nd edition

Thanks

Default Lancaster Operations: One squadrons contribution. 2nd edition

Hi all

As the author of this book concerning 100 Squadron, I am working towards a revised edition which will include updating information on the loss of aircraft and personal details of those 'Missing'.
    I would like to appeal to those who had relatives with 100 Sqdn whilst at RAF Stations Grimsby or Elsham Wolds to share their stories, photos and paperwork.

I am also on the look out for 'new' photographs of both aircraft and individuals to try and give the most comprehensive narrative of the squadron whilst flying the Lancasters.
    I also hope to include more aircraft profiles to compliment the original 29 seen in the first issue of the book.

I 'Thank you' in anticipation

regards
    Ian Reid

Thanks

Hi Ian,
    I have two photos of the crew of F/Lt Athol McGrath who took part in the maiden operation of 100 Sqn on 4/5 March 1943 as well as scans of the Log-Book of their Mid-Upper Gunner - Sgt Jan Prochera, the only Pole in 100 Sqn who completed 18 ops before his crew volunteered to pathfinder duties in 156 Sqn.

In case you may find it of interest, please contact me on my e-mail address: Gregor30(at)autograf.pl .

Regards,
    Greg

Thanks

Hi Greg K,

I hope you are well :) If possible, I would be very interested in copies of those photos and logbook too if at all possible?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Greg H
    "You can take the boy out of Wales,
    But you can't take Wales out of the boy!!"

Greg Harrison
    100 Squadron and 100 Squadron Association Historian
    100 Squadron Researcher 1917 - present day
    1 Group Researcher 1940 - 1945

Thanks

Hi Greg H

If you could contact me that would be great.

rgds
    Ian

Thanks

Hi ian my father fo h j healy raaf flew in lm644 july to october 44 in a mixed crew i have his log book crew photo and several photos of buildings still standing in the 60s. I also have two books written by paul crucq on the bombing of walcheren island october 1944 ,these are quite detailed with references from crews which took part my father is in one of them.Also have several 100 sqdn news letters and a personal letter written to him by his bombaimer
    Last edited by Tully1923; 6th February 2018 at 05:43.

Thanks

Tully,

As you'll note from my signature, I am the current historian to both 100 Squadron and the 100 Squadron Association. Would it be possible top get copies of the items you mention for our archives?

Thanks in advance, and best wishes,

Greg
    "You can take the boy out of Wales,
    But you can't take Wales out of the boy!!"

Greg Harrison
    100 Squadron and 100 Squadron Association Historian
    100 Squadron Researcher 1917 - present day
    1 Group Researcher 1940 - 1945

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie HW View Post
    Hi all

As the author of this book concerning 100 Squadron, I am working towards a revised edition which will include updating information on the loss of aircraft and personal details of those 'Missing'.
    I would like to appeal to those who had relatives with 100 Sqdn whilst at RAF Stations Grimsby or Elsham Wolds to share their stories, photos and paperwork.

I am also on the look out for 'new' photographs of both aircraft and individuals to try and give the most comprehensive narrative of the squadron whilst flying the Lancasters.
    I also hope to include more aircraft profiles to compliment the original 29 seen in the first issue of the book.

regards
    Ian Reid
    Hello Ian,

Could you kindly give us details of the where/when you intend producing a revised edition of, "Lancaster Operations"? I, for one, will be in the queue!

Col.

Thanks

Hello Ian, I saw a message on the Airfix Tribute Forum some time ago regarding Alf Wilson. My dad Eric I think was in the same crew as him, I wonder if you have any record of this as I have a photo of the crew which might be the same one as you have ?
    Regard

Hi all

regards
    Ian Reid[/QUOTE]

Thanks

I think my dad was a member of his crew also ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tully1923 View Post
    Hi ian my father fo h j healy raaf flew in lm644 july to october 44 in a mixed crew i have his log book crew photo and several photos of buildings still standing in the 60s. I also have two books written by paul crucq on the bombing of walcheren island october 1944 ,these are quite detailed with references from crews which took part my father is in one of them.Also have several 100 sqdn news letters and a personal letter written to him by his bombaimer

Thanks

Any info would be much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald51 View Post
    I think my dad was a member of his crew also ?