Thread: WHITEHEAD, Christopher Dereck Ainley Flight Sergeant (Air gunner) 969071 RAFVR

Thanks

Default WHITEHEAD, Christopher Dereck Ainley Flight Sergeant (Air gunner) 969071 RAFVR

Can I first thank everyone for the many replies that I have received for previous posts. This website has been excellent in finding out the information I need. Unaccountably I failed to ask for details of these last four men.

I am conducting research into the men on the two King’s School Worcester war memorials The intention is to produce a commemorative book. I am looking to find details of how men were killed and if possible obtain a photograph of the individual. Could anyone help with the following casualty?

WHITEHEAD, Christopher Dereck Ainley Flight Sergeant (Air gunner) 969071 RAFVR buried WORCESTER (ASTWOOD) CEMETERY died 26/05/1942

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Whitley P5092; 26th May 1942

http://www.griffon.clara.net/19/19ot...our_master.htm

Mojmir

Thanks

Thanks for that Mojmir. Is it safe to presume that he died in a training accident? Would there be any further details about it anywhere?

Mark

Thanks

Mark

You are aware of Christopher Whitehead School in Worcester?

DaveW

Thanks

I am. Indeed my mother attended it before and during WW2. Is there a connection?

Mark

Thanks

Mark,

Contrary to local legend, it seems not. I am a Worcester native and it has always been my belief that the school was named after a deceased RAF airman. Anyway, a quick look at the internet comes up with this.
    http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/...chool/?ref=arc .
    Whether or not your CW is a relative? Sorry to have wasted your time. I have learned something!

DaveW