Thread: Sign in the Libyan desert for LG122, 123, 124 (Maddalena 1-3) and 128

Thanks

Default Sign in the Libyan desert for LG122, 123, 124 (Maddalena 1-3) and 128

Researching the Danish pilot S E Kühle, I have been trying to figure out the relative locations of some of the DAF landing grounds in the Libyan desert. I was quite astonished when I found that the outline of the airfield Esc-Scegga as well a sign showing the direction to LG122 (Maddalena 1), 123 (Maddalena 2), 124 (Maddalena 3) and LG128 are visible on ground on Google Maps, cf.
    https://goo.gl/maps/hcTZcE5Vof12

Does anyone know the history of this?

From a 1942 Luftwaffe recce image the outline of Esc-Scegga seems to have been there then, but what about the LG-directions?

Mikkel Plannthin
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Just realised that the whole complex is outlined on the ground. I am amazed!

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War