Thread: Falcon Field Association, England Information

Looking Guest

Default Falcon Field Association, England Information

Was hoping that I could get information on the Falcon Field Association based out of England? I have tried to Google it and am coming up short. I would like to get a newsletter for it and can't get information. Thank you...

Thanks

Default Falcon Field Association

Dear Looking,

I can't immediately put my hand on the contact details you need, but if you bear with me until tomorrow I'll be able to help then.

May I ask what your interest is in Falcon Field?

yours,

Sam

Looking Guest

Sam,
    My grandfather was Jon Bonnell, Chief Groundschool Instructor there from 1941-1945. I have approx. 75 letters and cards of cadets that wrote him during the war and have been researching. There isn't a whole lot to go off of. I have been in contact with Mr. Dawson (author) and McCash who have been of much help. I was told about the Assoc. and was hoping to get onto the mailing list. I am very interested in my fathers career as well as the men that he helped. I would love to share these letters with family or the men who wrote them. I understand there are only about 13 gentlemen left with us. Any help you could share would be wonderful.
    Sincerely,
    Looking
    Paulla Bonnell Miller

Wolfboy21 Guest

I have been contracted by Arcadia Publishing (www.arcadiapublishing.com) to put together a photographical history book of Falcon Field for their "Images of America" series and wondered if you might be able to assist me.

I am trying to get in contact with any of the British RAF or American USAAF pilots/trainers/staff who worked there (or their descendants). Specifically looking for:

* Bill McCash, Al Storrs

* The history of Falcon Field and the businesses that occupy the area.

* Photographs of the above.

* People involved in Falcon's history.

* Leads on these things (i.e., pilots/staff/family members, employees of companies that are/were there, archives, museums, historical societies, etc.).

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

Cheers,
    Daryl F. Mallett
    14244 S. Via Horma
    Sahuarita, AZ 85629 USA
    480/275-0232 (cell)
    darylmallett@aol.com

Thanks

Donít know if you found the Falcon Field Association but if you didnít you can contact Bill McCash at 349b Dereham Rd, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 3UT, UK. However, please note that it was announced in their last newsletter that the association will be wound up in 2009 and that the annual remembrance ceremony that they hold in November at the Mesa cemetery, where the RAF students who were killed while training in Mesa are buried, will be their last such official ceremony.

There is a book published on the RAF in Mesa entitled ďThe RAF in Arizona, Falcon Field 1941-1945Ē, author Jim Dawson, published by Stenger-Scott Publishing, ISBN: 0-9719127-1-8

Hope that is of some help.

Thanks

Default Falcon Field

Hi to you all! Great to find this forum!!! My Grandfather "Thomas John (Taffy) Jones" was on Course16 Falcon Field. His flight instructor was "Don Prosser" My Grandfather passed out on the 3rd of December 1943. On the same course was Philip Gray (author) and Brian Trubshaw (Concord test pilot) I have a list from 1985 of cadets from Falcon Field plus letter's and pictures! My Grandfather returned to Britan in 1944 and was posted to "168 FR Sqn Snailwell" flying Mustangs. Them re-posted to "143 Wing 83 Group" in Eindhoven flying Typhoon 1B's. Can anyone tell me if this year is going to be the last reunion in Messa?

Thanks

Default Ffa

The Falcon Field Association has now closed down even though the Committee will continue to operate until about April 2010.
    My brother Cliff was in Course 12 and later was with Bomber Command flying Halifaxes.

Thanks

Hi Don....
    Many thanks for the reply! Aint been on here for a long time! Still trying to find out about my Grandad. Only ever met him twice in my life, he moved away and he passed away in 1991. My Dad had loads of pictures and letters from a couple of people that knew him and crossed path's through the war year's. My Dad passed away in 2007 and since then it's gone overtime for me to find out everything i can on him! (Thank the Lord for the internet!) My Grandad left Falcon Field and ended up at Snailwell and then on to Eindhoven flying Typhoons.... So this year i have plan's to get myself to the National Archives Kew where 168 Sqn records have been kept! Many thank's again Don for the reply!

Thanks

Default Falcon Field

Hi
    My uncle (Flt Lt John M Wardlaw) got his wings at Falcon Field.
    He was lead cadet on course 18
    I have numerous photo's of the time spent there.
    He went on to become a fighter pilot with 3 squadron (F) RAF flying
    Tempest mkV
    He was killed in 1948 during an air to ground rocket practise and is buried near Hamburg
    Regards
    John W