Thread: Flight 1426, Michael Kitson in crew

Thanks

Default Flight 1426, Michael Kitson in crew

My father in law, now deceased, flew on this flight as crew. Has anyone information regarding this flight, sometimes referred to as the Rafwaffe, as unfortunately Michael had died by the time we realised he had been on this flight. It was only on reading his gliding log book which recorded hundreds of hours in different German aircraft that we discovered this.
    Thank you

Thanks

Lynn,

From Flying Training and Support Units since 1912 (Air Britain)
    1426 (Enemy Aircraft Circus) Flight was formed 21/11/1941 at Duxford to fly captured enemy aircraft around the UK for aircraft recognition purposes and to participate in fighter tactics exercises. 12/3/1943 moved to Collyweston. Disbanded 12/5/1945.

There is a comprehensive account of the flight's activities, with some names, in the book 'The Captive Luftwaffe' (Putnam, Kenneth S West) if you can source a copy. Or, if it helps, send me a private message through this board with your EMail address and I will copy you the relevant passages.

Regards

DaveW

Thanks

Sorry for late reply. Thank you for the information, we have ordered the book!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davew View Post
    There is a comprehensive account of the flight's activities, with some names, in the book 'The Captive Luftwaffe' (Putnam, Kenneth S West) if you can source a copy. Or, if it helps, send me a private message through this board with your EMail address and I will copy you the relevant passages.
    Dave,

Long shot query - is there any mention of an Indian pilot Ranjan Dutt flying with the flight sometime in Jan -April 45? He was there on a staff course and mentioned flying different types at that time.

-Jagan

Thanks

Jagan,

No he is not named in the chapter dealing with 1426 Flight but there is no index to the book and he may be mentioned in the texts dealing with the individual aircraft if he flew any of them. If you have serial numbers I will look again.
    I should mention that the flight was disbanded wef 17 January 1945.

regards

DaveW