Thread: 912 Flt Sgt Henry Thomas INGLIS AFM

Thanks

Default 912 Flt Sgt Henry Thomas INGLIS AFM

I have just a couple of questions on this chap, which I hope someone can help me with:

Inglis entered the RFC as a Boy in 1913 and was remustered to an u/t pilot in March 1925. He subsequently became a flying instructor at RAF Cranwell, ca 1928-1931, and while there, on 3 June 1931, was awarded an AFM. Is there any way I can find out why?

Secondly, could someone with access to suitable records provide me a date of marriage and a date of birth for his daughter? They do not appear in Free BMD, so I assume they occurred overseas.

• His wife was E. Marie Moore (I don't know the first name and THINK the maiden name was Moore), marriage estimated between 1920 and 1930.
    • His daughter was Patricia (no further information)

Henry Inglis was killed in a flying accident while serving as a flying instructor with 4 FTS at Abu Sueir on 25 January 1933. I believe this was during a flight test in an Avro, but can find no further details. His widow and child embarked at Port Said for the UK per SS Baradine, and arrived in London on 3 March 1933. I presume he was buried there.

Any additional details on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

Thanks

INGLIS, Henry Thomas, Flight Sergeant and Pilot (912) - Air Force Medal - awarded as per London Gazette dated 3 June 1931 in King's Birthday Honours List; reported in Aeroplane of 10 June 1931. Killed 25 January 1933 in an accident, No.4 Flying Training School, Abu Sueir. Pilot and sole occupant. Public Record Office Air 30/89, provided courtesy of Brian Cull, has citation.

As a flying instructor at the Royal Air Force College, Cranwell, this airman has had outstanding success in a type of work which calls for special nerve and judgement.

Despite the fact that he has been employed on these duties for more than three years his reliability and keenness have remained unabated and he has earned the full confidence of his pupils.

Thanks

Many thanks Hugh.
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm