Thread: 02195 Gp Capt Hubert Wilson Godfrey Jones PENDEREL MC AFC

Thanks

Default 02195 Gp Capt Hubert Wilson Godfrey Jones PENDEREL MC AFC

I am seeking just a little information on this man's postings:

1. He joined 32 Sqn as a Fg Off in 1916, after being seconded to the RFC in July 1916. Does anyone have his exact date of joining 32 Sqn, please? [Note his surname was just JONES at this time, and was changed to PENDEREL in 1928]
    2. He was OC 201 Gp, 26 Sep 39-11 May 40, and SASO, AHQ Egypt, Cairo, from 19 Jun 41, but I am seeking his posting between May 40 and Jun 41. Can anyone help with this, please?
    3. As indicated in the previous point, he was appointed SASO, AHQ Egypt, on 19 Jun 41, which post he held until at least Mar 42, but I am seeking an actual end date.
    4. Lastly, he is next found KOAS in a Middle Wallop Hurricane in Sudbourne Marshes on 14 May 43, but I have not been able to establish the actual unit his was serving with, in what capacity, and from which date. Can anyone help me establish this information, please? I have information on the crash itself, but cannot establish why he was there.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

Thanks

Steve,
    I came across G/C. Penderel's memorial in Llanguicke churchyard in 2006 whilst my wife was undertaking some family history research. I subsequently looked into his career and found him to be a fascinating character, though I did not find anything to answer your queries.
    However, if you need, or would like photos of his Llanguicke memorial inscription, please contact me through the forum PM system.
    Tony Broadhurst

Thanks

Hi Tony

Many thanks for your reply. I would be very interested in the images you mention and will pm you.

Kind regards
    Steve
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm