Thread: RAF Museum Research Enquiries

Thanks

Default RAF Museum Research Enquiries

FOR INFORMATION

I thought others may be interested in the response I got from the RAF Museum today in response to an enquiry I made:

"The RAF Museum is temporarily unable to process general enquiry requests. This is to enable us to focus staff resources on delivery of the Museumís RAF Centenary Programme this summer. You are invited to re-submit your enquiry from 1 September 2018 when our enquiry service will be resumed."

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

By which time the backlog of enquiries will be so large it will take 12 months for your email to get to the top of their inbox!!!
    Be interesting to monitor which gongs get handed out (if any) to Museum chiefs/indians in the 2019 NY Honours!
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

I'm still waiting for a reply to my request for copies of plans I sent in November last year! I know the RAFM gets a lot of requests and this takes time but I now don't know if I have been lost in the backlog or not. A similar thing has happened at English Heritage (Historic England) where things take forever now. My suspicion is there have been cutbacks in staffing to match the increase in demand, so you can't blame the staff. My other suspicion, nay fear, is that the service has been subject to "improvements" to "enhance the customer experience" which in my experience does the complete opposite.

I agree with Peter Davies about the gongs. My perception is that they are only handed out to cover up failure. I have an idea for a new one though!