Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering 1180s from Hendon

Thanks

Default Ordering 1180s from Hendon

Is anyone else having trouble ordering 1180s or 70s from DoRIS at Hendon? There used to an online form where you got an electronic reply that your message had been received, but it seems to have disappeared. I did send a request before Easter but never heard from them. Have they stopped taking online enquiries?

Thanks

I understand DORIS is not available until the Autumn as all staff are busy with RAF100. My request from November is still outstanding so I doubt you will get anything within 6 months of a request once DORIS is back in operation.

It seems that a lot of archives have slowed down considerable in the last 12 months. Not sure if this is due to a greater interest in history and research or staff cuts (cost efficiencies in management speak). I suspect the latter.

Thanks

I'm fairly sure it was on here that a copy of an email was posted saying that due to the staff being busy with RAF Centenary work they would not be handling any requests until September.
    Alan Clark

Peak District Air Accident Research

http://www.peakdistrictaircrashes.co.uk/

Thanks

Pardon my ignorance, what is the 1180 or 1170.

Richard

Thanks

My original post regarding enquiries:

http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sho...arch-Enquiries
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Figured out they are accident cards. What might you be looking for. I have the Lancaster accident cards for 1943 and some 1944
    Wellington part 1942 and 1943
    Halifax part 1942 and 1943 all on micro film rolls.

Thanks

Thanks everyone,

Looks like it might be a while then, if they haven`t lost my e-mail. Richard K. As you figured 1180s are the Accident Summary cards and 78 are Aircraft Movement cards. Not sure if anyone will have what I am looking for but here goes.

Anson N3344 3 RS 15/3/42. F/L Near Campbeltown, Kintyre. Deemed write off originally but repaired and put back into service.

Wellington HX420. 7 OTU. 30/6/42 Cat. AC landing accident. Loc not known. Poss Limavady.

Regards
    Dave

Thanks

Hello Dave. HX-420 hit a mast of a target ship due to bright sunlight and glassy sea on low level bombing exercise.. I can send the photos of the document if you like.

Richard

Thanks

That`s Great Richard, thanks. Yes please, will PM you with e-mail contact details. Regards. Dave

Thanks

Just as a matter of interest, I had ordered (on-line) a single F1180 some time back in the early Spring. Much to my surprise, it pitched up on 25 May!! I assumed that they were working through the back-log caused by the 100th shennanigens on an "as-and-when" basis, but that it had grown so large as to make them put the shutters up until Sept!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!