Thread: WAAF Commissioning Date Please

Thanks

Default WAAF Commissioning Date Please

Hello All,

Iím looking for the Commissioning date of Ingrid Elna Prosch Bianchi (she later became Ingrid Holford in 1948) in the WAAF (Met Branch). Her s/n was 6400, and I am assuming (dangerous!!!) that WAAFs did not change their s/n on Commissioning from ORs?

The nearest I can get (using other circumstantial evidence) is Feb 1943. I think I know the precise date in Feb 43, but I canít get the LG to cough up her Commissioning entry. I would be grateful if somebody (on better terms with the LG than I!!!) could have a look? Slow time. What we have, or have not, known for 75 yrs is not going to change overnight!!

TIA
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Thanks

Mojmir,
    Mni tks for that!
    Precisely at the end of her Forecasters course - which is what I thought. Tks for the confirmation.
    Only 3 Commissioned into the WAAF Met Branch on that date. The courses were (at that time) normally 42 days apart, and usually had 5 students on each.
    It is beginning to look (further research is already underway!) as if, on Bianchi's course, two of them failed the Met course. On a previous, similar, occasion where one 'failed?' the Met course she was still Commissioned (look at sequential WAAF Service Numbers) on the same date - but no longer in the Met Branch!!
    Fascinating forensic meteorological archaeology!!!
    Tks again
    Peter Davies
    Last edited by Resmoroh; 19th July 2018 at 18:19. Reason: QSD
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!