Thread: Raid on Le Havre - Sept 1944

Thanks

Default Raid on Le Havre - Sept 1944

Hello,
    I'm a new member, I'm French, I live in Le Havre. I make research about the complete battle of Le Havre in September 1944, if I found with success war diaries of the infantry regiments, I don't have the same success with reports of the aircrafts and Squadrons of the RAF that participated in the battle with carpet bombing before the infantry attack. I have accounts by the French civilians who were below, but I would like to have now reports or accounts from the RAF during this bombing.

Do you know if there is a list of all squadrons that participated to the different attacks on Le Havre in September 1944? Can you help me to have reports all bombing between 5 to 11 September 1944 please?

Best Regards,
    Nic

Thanks

Hello Nic, and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post here to the GENERAL forum where it will get more attention.

Regards,
    Bruce (moderator team)
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Nic

Welcome to the forum

If you contact me via e-mail (by clicking on my user name in the left hand corner of this post) and let me know what information you are looking for, I can provide you with details on No. 35 Squadron's activities during this period.

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Hi Nic,

Following on from PeteT post, I can send you details relating to No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron.

Kind regards

Steve

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruce dennis View Post
    Hello Nic, and welcome to the forum. I have moved your post here to the GENERAL forum where it will get more attention.
    Thanks Bruce, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteT View Post
    Welcome to the forum

If you contact me via e-mail (by clicking on my user name in the left hand corner of this post) and let me know what information you are looking for, I can provide you with details on No. 35 Squadron's activities during this period.
    Thanks Pete! I sent you an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Following on from PeteT post, I can send you details relating to No.218 (Gold Coast) Squadron.
    Thanks Steve. I'm interested about order mission, reports or any accounts about the bombing in Le Havre between 5 to 11 September 1944 of all squadrons that participated. I didn't succeed to send you a PM message or an e-mail.

Best Regards,
    Nic