Thread: LCpl Kenneth Rowe and Sasha

Thanks

Default LCpl Kenneth Rowe and Sasha

Hello,

I know that this is not quite "RAF" but does anyone have knowledge with regard to wether LCpl Kenneth Rowe and his dog "Sasha" have been put forward for the Victoria cross and the Canine VC ?

If ever there was a call for them to be awarded then this is that time.

This man could have been on his way to safety but decided to stay to help protect his comrades because they would not have the cover if he left. And they Cpl Rowe and Sasha were killed the very next day - I would say above and beyond the call of duty for them both.

Alex

Thanks

I applaud the actions of both. Rowe, fairly obviously derserves a VC. That means, though, that Sasha should get the Dickin.
    However, the colleagues in The Enemy are agin dogs! So, to give a dog a Top Award might upset their Human Rights. And we can't - in the name of Political Correctness - have that, can we? Rowe might well end up with a MiD.
    Has the whole world gone crazy? - or, at leat, the military bit??
    HTH (and I don't care if it doesn't!!)
    Peter Davies

Thanks

Default VC and Dickin Medal

Hi guys

I agree with you.

And who gives a damn about Political Correctness? Who's in favour of it? I don't remember a referendum, do you? I believe in politeness and courtesy and respect and pride - but in my humble opinion the Do-Gooders have done more harm to this country than not!

Here endeth the sermon for this Sunday. Now, down to the pub!

Cheers
    Brian