Has anyone a rough guide of code allocation if a Sqn had 2 or 3 Flights

A & B

And

A, B & C

Many Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Paul,
    I presume you are referring to WW2 period. So far as I know, the practise was to allocate A - L to A Flight, M - Z to B Flight, although normally some letters not used. Normal establishment for two flight squadrons then was 16 + 2. If a third flight (C) added at some point, it might be allocated a completely new code group (for instance, when 75 Sqdn, original code group AA, was upgraded in early 1943, C Flight drew the letters JN). However other squadrons may have also used the device of adding a bar under a repeat of the individual letter, so in a squadron you could have two J's for Johnny, but one of these would be an underlined J. Other board members may well have more detailed (or accurate) references to these practices. Larger operational training units (such as OTUs, HCUs) with up to 50 of more aircraft often got several code groups for their use. In the 1939/40 period the Battle squadrons of the AASF in France had up to 33 aircraft per unit, so these were probably three flight units - can anybody confirm?
    David D

Thanks

David

Thanks yes WW2 I should have made clear and thanks for completeness if answer

Paul