Thread: Fate of Vickers Wellington DF594 and HF761

Thanks

Default Fate of Vickers Wellington DF594 and HF761

Can anyone tell me if there is an online resource that would allow me to look up the fates of individual Wellingtons based on serial numbers? I am particularly interested in the two noted.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Cheers, Clint

Thanks

Hello Clint,
    Air Britain RAF serial number books give details of both Wellington's, they were in use with 22 OTU and both were struck off charge on the 12 the of May, 1947.
    So perhaps more could be found by the Units records.
    Or someone on this site may be able to give some guidance to answer your question.

There is the link at the tool bar above that gives a link to RAF serial numbers.
    Good luck
    Alex
    Last edited by Alex Smart; 27th October 2018 at 21:36.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Smart View Post
    Hello Clint,
    Air Britain RAF serial number books give details of both Wellington's, they were in use with 22 OTU and both were struck off charge on the 12 the of May, 1947.
    So perhaps more could be found by the Units records.
    Or someone on this site may be able to give some guidance to answer your question.

There is the link at the tool bar above that gives a link to RAF serial numbers.
    Good luck
    Alex
    Thank you Alex! I will follow up on your tip. My Dad and his crew flew both these aircraft at 22 OTU, and I was curious as to whether either had survived the war. I am glad to hear they both did - but still a sad end to two warplanes that trained so many aircrew ...!
    Cheers, Clint