Thread: RAF Morpeth site plan/wartime aerial photo?

Thanks

Default RAF Morpeth site plan/wartime aerial photo?

Hello everyone

Bit of a long shot, but can anyone point me in the direction of a detailed site plan or even a wartime aerial photo of R.A.F. Morpeth, now known as Tranwell Airfield, some 2 miles south west of Morpeth town centre?

Many thanks.

Reagrds

Simon

Thanks

Simon, Hi,
    I've got a map/site-diagram of RAF Morpeth from Willis & Holliss if that's any good to you?
    I have emailed/snail-mailed them, and the publisher, and the printer, several times over the past 5 years for permission to use their stuff. No response!
    I have a new scanner/printer. Currently it is my master - not the other way round - as it should be!
    I can either transcribe the W&H diagram on to GR and email that to you as an attachment (he said, loftily, not being absolutely certain that I can!).
    Or, I can try to scan the W&H entry and send that to you in some format or another.
    Either way I will be on a steep learning-curve.
    But I'll need yr email address!
    I assume this airfield became a Polish Resettlement Corps camp post-WW2? Have additional interest in this!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Hello Peter

Many thanks for the reply. I'd be interested to see the image, providing your scanner is willing to play the game. Just have a stern word with it - never fails.

I'll drop you an e-mail you my details.

The Polish resettlement camp was on what is now part of Morpeth Golf Club and part of Morpeth Town F.C.'s football ground:

http://www.polishresettlementcampsin...uk/morpeth.htm

Regards

Simon