Thread: G-7-1 Reaper (Meteor) prototype

Thanks

Default G-7-1 Reaper (Meteor) prototype

Gents
    G-7-1 Reaper was born as a ground attack version of Meteor, it had several features of Mk 8, including the tail. Reputedly it was then converted to T.7 and flown as G-ANSO, and then sold to Sweden as SE-DCC. The problem is that SE-DCC had an old type tail, contrary to G-ANSO, and this made me wonder if any of the three aircraft had anything common but the I/D. Does anyone know, what modifications were made on the aircraft?
    TIA
    Franek
    https://www.facebook.com/Franciszek-Grabowski-241360809684411/

Thanks

Franek,

From a section on the three Meteor T.7's ordered by The Royal Swedish Air Force Board for operation by a Swedish componay, Svensk Flygjanst. The paragraph containing the details of G-7-1 reads as follows.

"The third and last T.7, SE-DCC, was originally Gloster's private venture ground attack fighter G-AMCJ, of 1950, which became G-7-1 in 1951 and G-ANSO in 1954. Basically an F.8, the single seat front fuselage was replaced by a two seat T.7 front fuselage in 1954, and for four years was used by Glosters as a photographic aircraft. In November 1958 Svensk Flygtjanst agreed to buy G-ANSO on condition that a standard T.7 rear fuselage and outer wings were fitted. SE-DCC was painted yellow like its two predecessors but had white registration latters and was delivered by John Towle, a Gloster pilot, on 11th August 1959."

There is a photograph of the aircraft in its final guise before painting at page 272 of [I]Gloster Aircraft since 1917, Derek N James, Putnam, 1987[/I.

HTH

PS There are other photographs of this a/c in its G-7-1 identity at pps 285--286.

DaveW
    Last edited by davew; 9th November 2018 at 12:08. Reason: added mor info

Thanks

Thanks Dave, so it looks that if anything remains of the original Reaper is the centre section.
    https://www.facebook.com/Franciszek-Grabowski-241360809684411/