Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Blue Coats School Roll of Honours 1939 to 1945 RAF Names

Thanks

Default Re: Reading Blue Coats School Roll of Honours 1939 to 1945 RAF Names

Paul,

I'm a bit confused; you describe Major C G Jefferies as being the son of Charles and Marjorie Jefferies of Denchworth, but the CWGC has him being the son of William George and Ellen Jefferies; husband of Patricia Mabel Jefferies of Woking Surrey.

Charles and Marjorie Jefferies were the parents of Sgt George C Jefferies. Did you really mean this gentleman was associated with Hungerfold? I'm unable to find a Hungerfold (in the UK at least) and wonder if this should be Hungerford?

Brian

Thanks

Brian you are right - I look the info from the wrong file - (even the school confused the two) - the school records has his DOB as 1906 which matches major C G Jefferies as being the son of William George and Ellen Jefferies;

Thanks

QED JEFFERIES

MAJOR C. G. JEFFERIES The death on active service is announced of Major C. G. Jefferies, RE., aged 36, second son of Mr. and Mrs. Jefferies of 248. Tilehurst Road, Reading. which occurred with the Middle East Forces. Educated at the Reading Blue Coat School. Major Jefferies had been in the Army since ,the outbreak of war. In civil life he was a member of the Borough Surveyor's staff at Woking. He leaves a 'widow and one son aged four with whom much sympathy is felt.
    Published: Friday 01 August 1941
    Newspaper: Reading Standard