Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season's Greetings

Thanks

Default Season's Greetings

Hello All,
    At the risk of infuriating the Politically Correct Brigade can I simply wish everyone a Happy Christmas?
    In addition I wish a quiet, and uneventful, holiday season for those (Fire, Police, Ambulance, Hospitals, Military, etc, etc,) who have to be “On Duty”. Been there, done it – many times!
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Resmoroh For This Useful Post:

Jagan (18th December 2018)

Thanks

Hi Peter,

thank you for opening this annual thread.

I would like to join Peter in his wish and I would like to remember all those who we are researching and gave their lives for our freedom or they are simply no more with us.
    I would like to remember also late member of our forum:

Bill Walker
    Henk Welting

(pls add more I am writing the list just from memory)

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to everyone

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Thank you to Peter who started the annual thread this year. As Pavel also said, remembering all those who we research and our fellow researchers who have given so much. I know what you all want for Christmas.... Full access at TNA and an complete list of RAF Casualty Packs. Sorry to say that the cheery man from The North Pole has already packed the sleigh and doesn't have space this year..... Maybe next year.... or the following..... or the one after that...… We can keep dreaming!
    Thank you to everyone for making this Forum so friendly.
    Happy Christmas
    James

Thanks

The late Henk Welting is one of the reasons that I like this Forum so much. Air Force Warrant Officers never really disappear. They are always lurking behind some hangar waiting to pounce on you and tell you get your hair cut, or to shine your shoes/boots, or to salute an Officer more correctly! In the case of rafcommands Henk would issue a reprimand if you did not say "please" and/or "thank you" with your postings! It set much of the tone with which this Forum is conducted, and makes it such a pleasure to work on it. Not always the same with other Fora.
    HTH
    Peter Davies

"Yes, Sir! I'm just on my way to the barbers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year - and many thanks to all who helped me over the past 12 months and I hope will do so over the next 12 months - too many to name but forever grateful.

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks

Happy Christmas to all and a wish everyone a wonderful new year to everyone!

Second everything that people have said about those who left for blue skies above.

Henks work is being continued - and hopefully we will make it easy to access for everyone.. contribute to Alex's continuation of the Unaccounted Airmen threads, as well as the Yearly Database Reconciliation threads when you see them!

Thanks

Seasons' greetings, best wishes and kind thoughts to all who put their efforts into the forum.
    We had some good role models in the early days and, as was said earlier in this thread, that has played a significant part in shaping what we have now. I think this is the right time of year to look back and say 'well done' to the people who have worked on the projects and 'thank you' for all the individual contributions.
    Many thanks!

All the best.

Bruce
    http://www.filephotoservice.co.uk/
    RESEARCH AT THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES & OTHER UK INSTITUTIONS

Thanks

Adding our own thanks and greetings for the festive season to all who contribute to this forum. I've not been posting so regularly these days but still pop by from time to time to see what is going on and make sure you're all behaving yourselves!

The wealth of knowledge of contributors to this forum and the willingness to help others and share information is what makes it such a pleasure to be part of.

Best Wishes for 2019 to one and all.
    Linzee & Morten

Thanks

Just to add my best wishes to all for the festive season and my thanks to all who have provided help with my research over the last few years. I am sure that further input will be required throughout 2019

..... have a goodun
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Just wanted to wish everyone the best.
    Thanks for all the Information everyone has provided me with It Is much appreciated.
    Hope everyone has a great Festive season.
    Brian.