Thread: H.W.Ingham 1479690 L.A.C request

Wolves Guy Guest

Default H.W.Ingham 1479690 L.A.C request

Hello, This is my first post to the forum, so hope I have got the right area to post my request.
    I am trying to find a bit of information on a group of medals that I have just purchased.
    Harry Wordsworth Ingham 1479690 L.A.C.
    Harry's service in the raf was from 15/7/41 until 19/3/46, he had overseas service between 9/5/42 -7/1/46,PAIF, MEF, CMF.
    All the infrormation i have listed was from Harry's certificate of service and release booklet.
    Has anyone got any information on my man that they could post? I think he worked on the ground not an airman.

Dave

Thanks

from ancestry: Harry Wordsworth Ingham b 2 Oct 1911 d Feb 1996.(death registered Halifax)

HTH

Howard

Thanks

Enlisted at Padgate in the block 1475000-1550000.
    HTH
    Peter Davies

Wolves Guy Guest

Thanks guy's,
    I know it's a little harder to research ord men in the raf. I think I will try and locate one of his decendants and see if I can get their permission to send of for his raf service records.

Regards
    Dave

Wolves Guy Guest

I have now located decendants of Harry Wordsworth Ingham, and will be contacting them soon after the new year.

Regards
    Dave

Wolves Guy Guest

Hi Can any of you R.A.F guys give me a little help regarding Harry's overseas service in PAIF, MEF, CMF?
    Where would he of been in each area and if possible what he would of been doing while out there. His trade was a F.II.E.
    Sorry but I dont have any idea of which Squd he was serving with at the moment.
    If there are any links you could give me to help out I would be greatful.

Thanks

PAIF was another name for Paiforce, though it went through a few incarnations. Have a read of this for dates and operations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqforce

MEF - Middle East Forces

CMF - Central Mediterranean Forces

A

Wolves Guy Guest

Thank you Amrit. I will have a read through it.

Dave