Thread: Commonwealth of Australia Gazette link (for searching appointments to commissions)

Thanks

Default Commonwealth of Australia Gazette link (for searching appointments to commissions)

Hi all

Not too sure if this is old news or not, but in the light of searching for Vernon Humphrey's commission from Flight Sergeant to Pilot Officer, I've discovered 2 things:
    1/ Australian / RAAF commissions don't seem to be gazetted in the London Gazette
    2/ They are gazetted in the Commonwealth of Australia Gazette

The Commonwealth of Australia Gazette can be freely accessed through the National Library of Australia' Trove website - can add this to the site's resources if you want
    https://trove.nla.gov.au/gazette/res...penFacets=true

Please note that dates can be sometime after what is mentioned in service records / ORBs.
    For example Vernon's commission to P/O was dated 14th June 1944 but wasn't in the CAG until the 16th November 1944.
    His Air Bomber John Hynd is more confusing as his commission to P/O was dated 19th June 1944 and while the OCR tool showed this date in one result, it doesn't show in the image. Another result has it dated 19th December 1944. The lag is most likely due to delays in getting info through the channels and to Australia.

The OCR mechanism is ok but relies on the quality of the scan.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks

Hi Andrew, thank you for useful link, really appreciate for one of my recent researches.

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Hi Pavel

No worries. Happy to be able to provide something for all the help I've received for my research.

Regards

Andrew