Apologies if my posting isn't relevant to this Forum, but here goes.

I am holding a memorial service to two RAF pilots killed on the morning of 6th June 1944 near to Bristol Airport.

My 1st cousin, FO Harold Henry Victor Roots of 3 FIS was with FL Peter Marshall Cadman DFC (formerly 77 Squadron). They were conducting a training flight from RAF Lulsgate Bottom (Now Bristol Airport) when their aircraft suffered a fire near the port engine nacelle, which spread to the port wing and tail. The plane crashed in a field as they tried to get back to base. Harold and Peter were killed instantly.

On Thursday 6th June this year, the 75th anniversary of Harold and Peter's deaths, I am holding a memorial service and unveiling of a memorial stone and plaque in the field where their plane crashed, to commemorate and remember these two young pilots. Various RAF Associations are attending as are family members. There will be the laying of wreaths/floral tributes at the memorial and a few readings and prayers, Last Post and two minutes silence.

If anyone would like to attend to pay their respects to these WW2 RAF crew and would like further detail, please contact me via the Forum.

Thank you.