Hello everyone

I came across the following article in the Newcastle Journal of Wednesday, February 3rd 1988:

Wartime flying hero dies
A flying hero who was shot down 13 times during the Second Worold War has died. Squadron Leader (Ret'd) Joseph Keith Maddison, 64, of Warwick Avenue, Whickham, was awarded the Air Force Cross during his distinguished career.
Born in Haltwhistle, Northumberland, he volunteered for service and was trained in Rhodesia before seeing action throughout Europe but mainly in North Africa and Italy.
After the war Sq. Ldr. Maddison was one of Britain's leading flight instructors on fast jets, and helped set up a training school at Driffield.
Nine years ago he was appointed adjutant for the Northumberland University Air Squadron, a post he held until his death on January 30.

A little digging online has found him in the book 'Blue Diamonds' by Michael Napier, flying Hunters with 14 Squadron in the mid-1950s, and his A.F.C. was gazetted in the 1951 Birthday Honours.

I'm interested mostly in his wartime career, especially the fact he was shot down an impressive 13 times (!). I wondered if anyone had come across him in their researches?

Regards

Simon