Thread: The Air Crew Europe Star - A case for the correct interpretation of the rules

Thanks

Default The Air Crew Europe Star - A case for the correct interpretation of the rules

The MOD have recently agreed that the 1946 change of prior qualification rules of the 1939-45 Star to become eligible for the Air Crew Europe Star is a rule that is "not well known."

This change of rule has now been tested with a living veteran and potentially leaves Bomber Command veterans, and other aircrew veterans who flew from UK bases over Europe between 3rd September 1939 and 8th May 1945 and next of kin of Bomber Command Veterans and other aircrews, without the medal and clasp that they were rightly entitled to i.e. Air Crew Europe Star and France and Germany Clasp, instead of no Air Crew Europe Star and France and Germany Star.

The 2005 Air Crew Europe Star post caught my eye, and query over the rear gunner who had been told that he did not qualify.

Thanks to this forum I have now been able to email Mike4898, to ask him for further information and also ask if his family were ever successful in obtaining this medal.

Regards,

Bomber Command Medal Campaign
    Last edited by bcmc2019; 15th May 2019 at 07:08.

Thanks

Hi,

if you would visit his profile, you will see - last activity 26th March 2019 13:20
    and he has filled also contact details on his profile:
    http://www.rafcommands.com/forum/sen...member&u=14886

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Thank you Pavel, I've made contact now.

These aircrew deserve their rightful awards.

Regards,

BCMC

Thanks

Sorry, but you have lost me. What change of the rules are you referring to please and why would a change in the rules that occurred in 1946 potentially effect vets in 2019?

Many thanks in advance

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.