Thread: Humorous writing 1680 Flt 1944

Thanks

Default Humorous writing 1680 Flt 1944

I have come across a writing by my late father W/Op F.E.Crawley from his time with 1680 Flt (Prestwick) which I take is from early 1944 as he mentions F/O Klisz who appears in his log book from March 1944. It is a humorous take on the crew and is quite interesting, I am listing the names as they are written and if anyone recognises them and would like a copy of the writing I am happy to do this.
    Boss - Hank (believed to be Sq/Ldr Hankins), 2nd pilot Mr.Brokers, Timber Wood, F/O Alex Agnew, F/O Klisy, W/O Dick (from Ikley Moor), Windy (Newly wed), Grice, D.F.M. Newman,P/O Campion,Goody, Garside, F/Sgt Joe, Frank, Joe, ACH Cairns, Charlie, Forbes, Margaret,Marg.

I am also listing the pilots he flew with during this period in case it helps? Sq/Ldr Hankins,F/O Stevenson,F/Lt Barron-De-Paow, F/Lt Croker,F/O Klisz, P.O.Beckett, P/O Appleby,F/Lt Coupland, F/Sgt Pecho, W.O.Witas, F/Lt Barnes, w?o Martin,W/O Witton, F/O Wood, F/Lt Knox, F/Sgt Grice, F/O Hartwell, F/Lt Venn

Thanks

Fred,
    You say this is a "crew", but seems much too large for an aircraft crew - could it be both aircrew and random passengers carried on the aircraft being flown?
    David D

Thanks

Hi, David, I doubt that very much as he does actually name some v.i.p.'s that were transported. In my ignorance "crew" is probably the wrong word as I think it also includes senior members of 1680Flt who were in charge and I think Margaret and Mary(not Marg) were poss canteen staff as he mentions lunch.He titles it as "Hanks Joint" which refers to the 'Old Man' boss S/Ldr Hankins who he also flew with at Abbotsinch,Mr.Brokers 2nd in command is a flier, Timber Wood is weather conscious,Newman is reffered to as D.F.M Newman with chest sticking out, plus more. At this time he flew Dominie, Wellington, H.P.Harrow,Walrus, M.Maryland,Oxford,Dakota. I have taken it from early 1944 as that is when Polish F/O Klisz is first mentioned in the log book. Hope this makes sense? Fred

Thanks

Of the people mentioned, Włodzimierz Klisz 793655 / P-1991, Feliks Pecho 794542 and Stanisław Witas 792792 were seasoned Lot Polish airlines pilots. Pecho is worth of attention, because he was one of the few Polish airmen to join Finnish AF in 1940. Who got posting for a training unit.
    https://www.facebook.com/Franciszek-Grabowski-241360809684411/

Thanks

Hi Franek, thanks for the info, Fred

Thanks

Fred, can we see the writing?

Thanks

Hi Franek, sorry for delay in responding but have been away for couple of weeks. No problem in sending a copy but at the moment it is with folders I have produced with records of my late fathers service history which is currently with his grandchildren in Nottingham and I wont be getting them back until September. However I will ask them if they can carefully scan them and send to me. I will contact you asap re this.

Thanks

Hi
    Sure, no problem and no hurry, just curious!