Thread: 88 Sqn ORB 1944

Thanks

Default 88 Sqn ORB 1944

Does anyone have the above ORB (from March onwards) and is in a position to look up a WOp/AG please?

Many thanks

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Hi Jonny, why not use the search of this forum (AIR27 ORB Search on the top menu) and try to search the ORB previews yourself for the person in question?

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

I know I keep trotting this out but here is a guide too using the online ones, you may not be familiar with using this new-ish facility

http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/TNA_...guidelines.pdf

Thanks

Thanks Dennis I wanted to add the link but was not able to find it at the moment. What about asking Jagan to put the link to some sticky thread to have it always available and to be able easily copy-pate when necessary as a guide?

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

Thanks chaps. Really most helpful.

Kind rgds

Jonny
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Dear all,

Notwithstanding my fumbling efforts in reviewing the 88 Sqn ORB, I am having difficulties in finding any real background material on Sgt (later Fg Off) Henry Webster GM RAFVR. Henry was a W/Op/AG from Edinburgh (according to a newspaper article sourced from the BNA). Just prior to joining 88 Sqn in Aug '43 he was involved in rescuing casualties from a crashed 107 Sqn Boston, for which gallant act he, and another SNCO, were awarded the George Medal. Thus far, I have the relevant GM citation, his LG entries, the 88 Sqn ORBs and the aforementioned brief newspaper piece from The Scotsman, but nothing else. Try as I might, the 'Scotlands People' website is not forthcoming.

Is anyone in a position to assist with some biographical material please? I am particularly after details for his death so that I may apply for his service record. I am aware that his medals were recently sold by a UK dealer.

Many thanks in advance

Jonny

Thanks

Hello,

The aircraft involved in the GM awards to Sgts Alastair Walter McGINNIS and Henry WEBSTER was:

13/9/1943
    No.107 Sqn
    Boston IIIA BZ220
    Training.

Engine caught fire; wing hit tree in forced landing; overturned half-a-mile E of Eversley, Hants.

37666 F/L (Pilot) Terence David Brian BLAKE RAF +
    132837 F/O (Nav.) Frederick William EASTON RAFVR +
    1131447 Sgt (W.Op./Air Gnr.) John White SWANN RAFVR - Died of Injuries 15/9/1943
    1334050 Sgt (Air Gnr.) Alfred Henry LACEY RAFVR +

Col.
    Last edited by COL BRUGGY; 22nd May 2019 at 15:06.

Thanks

Thanks Col. I have everything to do with the crash of that particular a/c, but young Sgt Webster remains a mystery.

ATB

Jonny