Thread: No.50 Squadron query

Thanks

Default No.50 Squadron query

If anyone has the ORB for this squadron, I should like to ask about one Carlos Manuel Brown (RCAF, pilot) who was posted to No.50 Squadron on 16 August 1943. On 3 November 1943 he was posted to No.97 Squadron (subsequently killed with that unit on his first sortie). My question - did he fly any sorties with No.50 Squadron ?

Thanks

This does not answer your question but is a link to Brown and his crew at 97 Squadron.

http://www.97squadron.co.uk/Crew%20Brown.html

Thanks

Default 50 Squadron

Further to my original query, I have found a letter from the CO, No.97 Squadron, to C.M. Brown's sister, which read, in part:

"Your bother had only just joined this squadron with his usual crew and I had hoped that they would very quickly settle down with us. It is very sad that he should be missing from his first operatioon with the Squadron. Before coming here he had completed 15 sorties against the eneny."

While a listing of his sorties would be interesting, it is now clear that he was half-way through a tour when posted to No.97 Squadron.

Thanks

Was it usual for a crew to be transferred to another squadron half way through their tours?

Could this crew have been exceptional crew and were transferred to 97 squadron for this reason? 97 being a Pathfinder squadron.