Thread: Desmond Kerr Bungey - Image Enquiry

Thanks

Default Desmond Kerr Bungey - Image Enquiry

Hi Everyone,

I work for the National Trust. We are currently conducting research for a new exhibition based at Chartwell House, Sir Winston Churchill's family home.

I wondered if anyone on here could help point me in the right direction with regard to finding an image of a Desmond Kerr Bungey (1924-2012). Bungey was a Flying Officer in 615 Squadron and actually one of the pilots who made a fly past over Chartwell for Churchill's birthday and was later invited to visit the house in 1951. He was later appointed General Manager of Bahamas Airways and in 1970 he was seconded by BOAC to Malaysia-Singapore Airlines as Marketing Director.

Our aim is to try and represent everyone who visited this magnificent property and to preserve their moments at the property for the future. Unfortunately, I have arrived at a bit of a dead-end where Bungey is concerned, so any help in terms of archives or records collections is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leonard

Thanks

Leonard

Welcome to the Forum. Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a photo and bio of him in this pdf on page 115:

https://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/sites/d...No_91_2012.pdf

Might be worth contacting Corpus Christi College to see if they can let you have a copy or put you in touch with his daughter, who supplied the information to them.

Regards

Simon

Thanks

Leonard,
    Desmond Kerr Bungey
    b. 1921(?) Mukden, China (possibly b. 1924)
    Mid-Jul 1942(possibly) Enlisted 1808486 in RAFVR in Block 1800001-1814800 at Euston aged 21 (or 18?).
    11 Feb 1944 1808486 LAC Desmond Kerr BUNGEY Cmd Plt Off(p) RAFVR(GD) (164165).
    11 Jun 1947 Desmond Kerr Bungey Cmd Fg Off AAF(GD) (164165).
    30 Aug 1959 Desmond Kerr Bungey Cmd Fg Off RAFVR(T) (164165) for 4 years.
    m. Q2 1960 Gillian M Clother Reg Aylesbury 6a 656 (3 progeny – all possibly living)).
    (PM, or email, me for their names).
    HTH
    Peter Davies
    Meteorology is a science; good meteorology is an art!
    We might not know - but we might know who does!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wwrsimon View Post
    Leonard

Welcome to the Forum. Not sure if you've seen it, but there's a photo and bio of him in this pdf on page 115:

https://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/sites/d...No_91_2012.pdf

Might be worth contacting Corpus Christi College to see if they can let you have a copy or put you in touch with his daughter, who supplied the information to them.

Regards

Simon
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

No I haven't seen that photo before, but it's invaluable to our project. I'm going to contact Corpus Christi College straightaway to see if we can get permission for its use.

Thank you so much for your help. I shall let you know how it goes,

Thanks again,

Leonard