Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Quirk, Liberator researcher, has dementia

Thanks

Default Re: Robert Quirk, Liberator researcher, has dementia

Bump.

Matt has highlighted to me that the website www.rquirk.com is now offline.

:-(

Thanks

Jagan

It's cached at the Web Archive site: http://web.archive.org/web/202104142...ww.rquirk.com/

I think the last capture was in September this year?

Regards

Simon
    Researching R.A.F. personnel from the North East of England

Thanks

Hi Simon

The Wayback machine can be a hit or miss... eg.. not found http://web.archive.org/web/201907251...576FltFile.pdf or http://web.archive.org/web/201907251...6monthopps.pdf

but still quite a few pages are working.

Thanks

I've been in touch with Jagan regarding Robert's website. I'd communicated with Robert's wife Judy back in 2019, but she had not answered emails for a while, and then in late November my email to her bounced. The phone number wasn't getting through, either, but I succeeded in locating Robert and Judy's daughter, who replied with the following on 1 Dec:

Dad's doing about the same - still in the same home - but definitely proceeding downhill, as expected. I believe (though I'd have to check) that my godfather who shares many of my dad's interests had archived what was on the website. [I don't know who this is yet, though I asked her in a follow-up email.] I'd been working since 2019 to get the ownership changed to my name, but since Dad wasn't able to provide me access, they wouldn't ever communicate with me.

Unfortunately, my mum, too, has now been moved into a care home. She had a fall in May, and it was decided whilst she was in hospital that she wasn't able to live on her own any longer. She's getting increasingly settled in the home. . . Her email address was tied to the website, so it ceased functioning when the website became inactive.

Eventually, I feel confident, Robert's website, or his data at least, will once again be accessible to anyone doing a google search. Eventually...so there isn't a timetable for this.

Cheers,

Matt