Thread: 75 squadron loss 29/3/1942 Ronald Allen

Thanks

Default 75 squadron loss 29/3/1942 Ronald Allen

Anyone particularly interested in NZ 75 squadron. Someone local has a load of photographs and memorabilia relating to Ronlad Allen lost with entire crew on 28 or 29 March 1942. She doesn't want all the stuff but would donate to museum etc or if any of you have a particular interest. Will be going to look next week.
    Regards,
    Ann

Thanks

Hello Ann
    I would be very interested in presenting this material on my website - 75nzsquadron.com, which has grown since the death of my Father into the largest online resource for the Squadron in the world. I would suggest that if amenable, the material be passed onto me, I would scan it and present it, but then pass it into Kevin King, the Chairman of the UK Association for the Squadron. If you wish to discuss this fort her please contact me via the website

Best

Simon
    75nzsquadron.com

Thanks

Default 75 squadron

Quote Originally Posted by bgizmo View Post
    Hello Ann
    I would be very interested in presenting this material on my website - 75nzsquadron.com, which has grown since the death of my Father into the largest online resource for the Squadron in the world. I would suggest that if amenable, the material be passed onto me, I would scan it and present it, but then pass it into Kevin King, the Chairman of the UK Association for the Squadron. If you wish to discuss this fort her please contact me via the website

Best

Simon
    Hi Simon,
    I will go and have a look at the stuff next week and see what's there. I'll pass your message onto the lady concerned. She wants the stuff to be widely available and your idea sounds good to me. Are you in the uk, if so whereabouts?
    Regards,
    Ann

Thanks

Hi Ann
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and I am glad my suggestion fits in with the owners wishes - yes I’m in the UK, in the NW, just outside of Chester

Simon
    75nzsquadron.com

Thanks

Default 75 squadron

Whose crew was he in?
    Ann

Thanks

From Vol One of my For Your Tomorrow - A record of New Zealanders who have died while serving with the RNZAF and Allied Air Services since 1915 :

Sat 28/Sun 29 Mar 1942
    Bomber Command
    Raid on Lübeck, Germany (by 234 aircraft - 13 lost)
    75 (NZ) Squadron, RAF (Feltwell, Norfolk - 3 Group)
    Wellington III X3462/N - took off at approximately 1930-2205 and brought down over Germany, crashing near Kiel. All six crew were buried in the German Naval Garrison Cemetery, but later reinterred in the adjacent Kiel War Cemetery.
    Captain: NZ404882 Plt Off Maurice Perrott BELL, RNZAF - Age 26. 371hrs. At least 10th op.
    2nd Pilot: NZ405237 Sgt Franklyn Bertram CRAN, RNZAF - Age 21. 237hrs (92 solo). 5th op.
    Observer: NZ404028 Sgt Claude Joseph HARRIS, RNZAF - Age 31. 316hrs. 8th op.
    ----------
    The others, all RAFVR, were:
    Sgt R. G. Allen
    Sgt T. R. Cross
    Sgt J. W. Hinton

Errol

Thanks

Thanks Errol.
    Regards,
    Ann