Just found

George William Barrowman (648322)

R G Peat (908689) -- Not Found

Benefits
    23 Million Commonwealth military records
    2 million exclusive records, found only on our site
    Records transcribed in the UK for maximum accuracy
    1 on 1 Personal assistance from military photo and document experts
    Access to Orbats mapping tool, allowing you to trace your WW1 ancestors steps

Thanks

It won't be free for long. The bottom line is that you have to pay for information, the majority of which is available for free in other places.
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Paul,

RG Peat was Richard Greatorex Peat. Deceased London 1981.

AIR78/125/1/3 pg 55 of 135.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks

I'm not sure which part of this is free?? I've just tried to log on to find my father's service record and it's subscribe to view.....

Thanks

Free to search so if you have a name you can pull out. Service number or part name to find full name without a full manual Air 78. Searc

Thanks

I have been checking on this site for a while.
    Most of the time it blows out but they did find one for me that I couldn't find through AIR 78.
    It was D W De Mynn 4011197. The AIR 78 card was not to be found and at first there was no record on this site until a few weeks ago when he showed up as Derek Wallace De Mynn.
    The basic AIR 78 information should stay free, but anything further (which they likely don't have) will need subscription.

Chris

Thanks

Thanks for the link - are there other places to access the documents a search throws up, does anyone know? For example, I searched for my uncle and his 148 Sqdn crew and got hits for 56 PTC in Italy, dated 1945; I'd quite like to see them but I suspect they won't add much to my knowledge really (it was either a crew leave, or transfers after VE Day - doubt the records will give details), so ideally would rather access them via a site which I might find more widely useful, rather than sign up anew to (and pay for) FWR.

Cheers, Pat

Thanks

I played around with the search today I was hoping to get away of doing a Service Number search but it appears a no go ! However I can confirm that they are transcribing the Air 78 index but I can’t see any order in which they are doing it !

Nor are they “enhancing” the basic details with other sources so if the name is say A N Other #1234567 in Air 78 that is all you get even if full details are on other sources such as CWGC or London Gazette

So a search of H J Wellard just gives you his service number 751606 as per the card

London Gazette will give Henry James WELLARD, D.F.M 751606 Later commissioned as 143785

I also noticed something strange in that they currently may only have airmen or airwomen for a name search

So I don’t know how they are transcribing the index as that is sorted by name and the sexes are intermixed in Air 78

Hopefully we may find some of the misfiled names when the index fully transcribed

I don’t know how they are doing to sort of the microfiche scans which are blurry on Air 78 or the faint names

Paul

Thanks

Paul, I have noticed many of the same things you identified. Searching for a W/O G D Thompson from 201 Squadron only produces a list of female Thompsons.

It certainly has helped though find the details for misfiled cards. I was looking for a D W De Mynn 4011197 from an incident in 1949. I could not find it anywhere in Air 78 but they did have him as
    Derek Wallace DE MYNN 4011197.

It certainly is very much hit and miss at the moment.

Chris