Thread: Air Gunners from 107 Sqn what happened to them after Feb 1944

Thanks

Default Air Gunners from 107 Sqn what happened to them after Feb 1944

I am trying to determine what happened to the air gunners who were no longer required once the aircraft they were using Boston's were replaced by mosqueto's early 1944 at hartford bridge.

The 107 Sqn ORB states that some were posted elsewhere and there is a record of who and where, however the last record ion the ORB says that all remaining airgunners not previously mention were posted to 137 Wing field HQ......what was that and what happened to them after that...were they posted to other sqns in the same wing or could it have been a different wing and how can I trace the movement of F/Sgt S E Millbank who was with 107 sqn and then no longer once new aircraft were utilised.

Any help would be great

Dave

Thanks

Hi Dave,

the best would be be to get his Service Record but from your post I suppose it is not possible for you.

There other possibility is to check

AIR 26/198
    No. 137 Airfield/Wing
    Operations record book. With appendices
    Date: 1943 Aug-1945 Dec

but I am afraid there will be no details for every NCO attached to this unit temporarily before being posted elsewhere.

HTH

Pavel
    Czechoslovak Airmen in the RAF 1940-1945
    http://cz-raf.webnode.cz

Thanks

It sounds like this was a holding post while they figure out what to do with them as they clearly didn't need them in 107 Sqn. I suspect this was not their actual physical location and they may have been sent to one of the many large RAF camps, unless 137 Wing had space for them.