Thread: Air Crew Re-selection Wing, Brighton

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Air Crew Re-selection Wing, Brighton

Hello

I have found in the ORB of a Mitchell Squadron a pilot, posted to that unit from O.T.U. with his NavB and Wireless operator, who is posted, two months later, to Air Crew Re-selection Wing, Brighton (I quote verbatim).
    I've checked "R.A.F. Flying Training & Support Unit since 1912" and can't find this unit (page 44). There's an Air Crew Reselection board, formed 5.6.43 at Eastchurch, but this is later that the posting of the pilot, which occured in late November 1942.
    This unit could be Air Crew Training and Reselection Centre, formed [when ? ] at Brighton, redesignated RAF Station Brighton, 15.9.41.

What was the task of that reselection Wing/Board/Centre ? I suspect some sensitive subject here.

My interest is focused on the WOpAG who re-crewed with another pilot, and was killed in action with him six months later, near Abbeville.

TIA for your help

Joss

Thanks

Hi Joss

On page 43 of RAFFTSU it details the Air Crew Disposal Wing in which it mentions Air-Crew Re-selection Wing.

Malcolm

Thanks

Joss

I have sent an e-mail containing an extract from a document that I have, which may (or may not help)

Regards

Pete
    Main areas of research:

- CA Butler and the loss of Lancaster ME334 (http://rafww2butler.wordpress.com/ )
    - Aircrew Training (Basic / Trade / Operational / Continuation / Conversion)
    - The History of No. 35 Squadron (1916 - 1982) (https://35squadron.wordpress.com/)

[Always looking for copies of original documents / photographs etc relating to these subjects]

Thanks

Hello Malcolm and Pete

Thanks for the pointer Malcolm, indeed it's a little bit clearer in page 43 of RAF FT&SU. Brighton in page 43 is missing from the index of place names at the end of the book.

Thanks for your attachments off board Pete. I'll send you PoW questionnaires in a few days / weeks.

Regards

Joss