Thread: F/S Albert Leslie WRIGHT - Service Number 548615

Thanks

Default F/S Albert Leslie WRIGHT - Service Number 548615

Hello/Bonjour,

As part of a research on airmen helped by the De Poulpiquet family, Brittany, France, I am looking for someone who has copy of the Escape/Evasion Report [WO 208/3310/895] file of Flight Sergeant Albert Leslie WRIGHT (Service Number 548615). He was a member of the crew of the Avro-Manchester R5787 belonging to No.61 Sqdn [QR-M], lost on 31 January 1942 during an operation onto Brest. Thank you beforehand for your assistance.

Best regards,
    Frederic

Thanks

Hello Frederic, I don`t have the Escape/Evasion Report, but there is a good account of the events in the book: RAF EVADERS by Oliver Clutton-Brock pages 81-82 and 91-92. Regards. Dave.

Thanks

Hi/Bonjour Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I have this book and I have read the excerpts regarding F/S Wright with great interest but with the escape report there are sometimes details, information that the author havenít consider useful to add in his book. I would have liked to take a look at it.

Best regards,
    Frederic

Thanks

Hello Fred

I don't have the evasion report, that you can purchase online from Kew (I think it's 3,50 £), but they have closed to the public, so I don't know if the service still functions.

I have the appendix 'C' of that evasion report, which is in WO 20/5582, in another section of the archives, and this may be more interesting that the "main" evasion report. From my own experience, Oliver Clutton-Brock has mostly used the evasion reports in his book, but not the appendices, so you'll get some additionnal information from it.

You have my e-mail adress.

Stay confined...

Joss

Thanks

Hi/Bonjour Joss,

Thank you for the proposal, I have sent you an e-mail.

Take care,
    Frederic