Thread: P F Noble - RCAF J/19165

Thanks

Default P F Noble - RCAF J/19165

Morning all,

I'm after the first first names of this Canadian pilot who flew with 249 by the end of the war. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Phil

Thanks

Phil Peter Francis Noble R-74989/J-19165

Richard

Thanks

I'm pleased to have that information as well thank you very much! Known to his friends as "Nobby" I believe.
    Steve

Thanks

Phil, and Steve

A family tree on ancestry.com has a Peter Francis Noble, b. 1916, and died October 9th 1974. The tree includes a newspaper clipping from 1944 which reports that three sons of Mrs. Lillian Noble, of Prince Albert, are serving in the Armed Forces:

P.O. W. L. Noble [Wilfred Lawrence Noble, b. 1913], aged 28, known as 'Sonny', who recently received a commission as Air Gunner. He trained at No. 4 I.T.S. at Edmonton, and completed his course at No. 2 Bombing and Gunnery School, Mossbank, where he was class leader. He enlisted on November 10th 1941.

F/Sgt. P. F. Noble, aged 25, an instructor at the R.A.F. School at Medicine Hat. He enlisted in November 1940.

Cpl. Fred Noble, [Charles Federick Noble, b. 1914] at the time taking a course at the University of Nova Scotia as a radio technician. He had transferred to the Air Force from the Army several months earlier.

The article includes photos of all three brothers as well as one of the boys' mother.

Regards

Simon