Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: NA (PRO) Free Downloads (Now ACTIVE) - Spread Sheet Tracker.

Thanks

Default Re: NA (PRO) trying to make all its digitized collections free to access (Now ACTIVE)

Hi all, just added a few ones in the list among my first fifty downloaded that were not already signed. May you please confirm units as 1 PRU or CC squadrons as 812 or 838 Sqn aren't in the board list ? Even if not on the board, I didn't succeeded to see them... May you please confirm they do appear somewhere on the site ?
    Quite an opportunity for me who can't go to kew !
    Best to all

Thanks

Default Re: NA (PRO) trying to make all its digitized collections free to access (Now ACTIVE)

Is there a secret password or something ? everytime I try to get any it bombs me out with an error message "Server Error in '/' Application".

I'd like to do my bit to contribute but my limited IT skills seem to be letting me down. I have tried various times of the day and later in the evenings off an on for a while now.

Thanks

Let me split up the file into multiple sheets -that might help the file to load better

Thanks

Spreadsheet is now split into four sheets for easy loading

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...1X4/edit#gid=0

approx 10K rows per sheet.. sqns numbers reflected in tab names.

Thanks

Default Re: NA (PRO) Free Downloads (Now ACTIVE) - Spread Sheet Tracker.

Jagan

Tried to reply to your message but it says you have too many messages already?

Andy

Thanks

Hi
    well if it helps
    I have downloaded air-27-954, 1 to 41 inc
    basically the 137 squadron whirlwind years
    cheers
    jerry

Thanks

Total Files Downloaded Blanks
    Sqns 1-76 10021 7201 2820
    Sqns 77-200 10184 7184 3000
    Sqns 201-320 10288 5989 4299
    Sqns 321-999 10764 7107 3657
    All others 2773 452 2321
    TOTAL 44030 27933 16097
    63.44% 36.56%

Almost 65% is impressive..

Thanks

Hi All

I have just received a the following newsletter from TNA advising: -

"Since mid-March, our iconic and much-loved building in Kew has been silent. With our reading rooms closed, the vast majority of our staff working from home and many of our usual services suspended, we have focused on bringing you more digital content and online resources. I hope you’ve been able to enjoy our online talks, podcasts, free downloads of digital records available through our website and our ever-popular research guides and education resources.
    Following recent government announcements, I am delighted that our reading rooms in Kew will re-open on 21 July 2020. It’s wonderful to know that visitors will again be able to use our reading rooms and have access to our collection of original documents.
    The re-opening will be a gradual process and The National Archives will look and feel very different to what you are used to. We’ll be providing limited access to parts of the building and our services will operate differently for the time being.
    In recent weeks, we’ve been busy preparing and introducing new measures.
    • We will be introducing a booking system. All visits will need to be pre-booked and we will ask everyone to pre-plan and order all documents in advance

• You will notice a new document delivery process to protect you, our staff and to ensure the correct handling and quarantine of documents

• A one-way system will be in place around the building with signage to help with social distancing. There will also be rigorous cleaning throughout the day.
    You can find more information on our website about how to book, our new safety arrangements, and what to expect when you visit.
    The safety of our visitors and staff is paramount to the decision we have taken to re-open our reading rooms. We will keep all of our opening arrangements under constant review, and would welcome your feedback over the coming weeks.
    I’m pleased to say that, for the time being, we will also continue to provide free downloads of our digital collection on our website, along with a huge number of research guides, resources and activities for the whole family to enjoy.
    I would like to take this opportunity to thank you personally for your continued support of The National Archives and look forward to welcoming you back from 21 July.
    With very best wishes,
    Jeff James
    Chief Executive and Keeper, The National Archives

Find out how to book and what to expect"

Malcolm

Thanks

And the most important part of that message is: "...for the time being, we will also continue to provide free downloads of our digital collection on our website"! :-)
    41 (F) Squadron RAF at War and Peace, April 1916-March 1946
    http://brew.clients.ch/41sqnraf.htm

Thanks

Hi all

I have added some of those I have to the spreadsheet.

I started 'serious' research on RAF Manston four years ago so I have masses of ORB that I would like to obtain at some point, plus the many records in AIR 28 for Manston if anyone has any?

I am just concerned that I could be making a lot of requests to people here, so is there some informal policy for the number of requests?

Thanks
    Neil
    Last edited by MagicNeilJ; 25th August 2020 at 12:35.