Thread: Fairey Barracuda

Thanks

Default Fairey Barracuda

Hello

My name is Santiago Hrubisko. Some of you knows my father (Raul Hrubisko).

We build 1/72 scale models in series and our aim is to represente in 1/72 scale models all the aircraft types that flew with the Royal Air Force, the Fleet Air Arm and all the Commonwealth (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Newfoundland and South Africa) in the time frame between 1936 and 1947, in all major versions (including field modifications, different or special markings, different armaments, etc) which were used in all the operational theaters or in particular operations / events And to include also Lend-Lease and captured enemy types. We also try to include in each series the aircrafts which were flown by Ango Argentine pilots. Most of them had very particular nose arts.

Just to give you an example, we made 123 Supermarine Sptifires and 110 Hawer Hurricanes. Probably you will find some photos on internet.

Right now our collection count with 878 models done and aprox. another 800 kits to build. We do not build the models OOB. We really try to make a deep reaserch before starting each proyect. Many people has been helping for more than 10 years to make this came through

Right now we have some proyects in mind and one of them is the Fairey Barracauda series. Although we have some books an articles there are some issue that I cannot resolve. I wonder if some of you could help us or point me out how to follows. Particularly the Fairey Barracudas used in the SEAC.

This is the list of aircrafts selected that we have good information (at least one photo).

1Fairey Barracuda Mk I - P1767 (prototype with lower elevator)

2Fairey Barracuda Mk I - P1767 (prototype with upper elevator)

3Fairey Barracuda Mk I - P1767 with fixed main undercarrier

4Fairey Barracuda Mk I - RK328 with deep charges

5Fairey Barracuda Mk I - RK328 with four SCI

6Fairey Barracuda Mk II - P9647 used to test Merlin 32 engine fitted with a container as ballast

7Fairey Barracuda Mk II - LS789 July 1944 fitted with a torpedo and radar.

8Fairey Barracuda Mk II - P9726 M used to test low level recovery

9Fairey Barracuda Mk II - unknow serial number used to test air radar container instalation.

10Fairey Barracuda Mk II PM939 374/A 812 Sdn HMS Vengeance August 1945

11Fairey Barracuda Mk II P9597/G A&AEE June 1944 with CUBA canister

12Fairey Barracuda Mk II PM954 R1C 814 Sdn Ceylon Ashore RNS Katukurunda 1945

13Fairey Barracuda Mk II MX613 A&AEE January 1945 with a boat

14Fairey Barracuda Mk TR III DP855/G Defford Feb 1944 For ASV MK II band evaluation with rear fuselage mounted scanner and radome

15Fairey Barracuda Mk V P9976 May 1944 (third prototype)

16Fairey Barracuda Mk V PM940 Oct 1945 Fith prototype

And these are the ones we would like to add but we do not have enough information

17Fairey Barracuda Mk II known serial number - D Day invasion strippes. (We only have one photo but donīt know the serial number)

18Fairey Barracuda Mk II BC760 P 1700 RNAS Katukurunda Ceylon Nov 1945 small SEAC roundels. (We only have a profile but any photo)

19Fairey Barracuda Mk fitted with RATOG. We only have one photo but it is not possible to iddentify the serial number

20Fairey Barracuda Mk with SEAC roundels (Big blue ones with small clear in the center). We only have one photo but it is not possible to iddentify the serial number

21Fairey Barracuda Mk with shark mouth. We only have one photo but it is not possible to iddentify the serial number

22Fairey Barracuda Mk with up level scheme colour camouflage pattern

Does anyone could help us or put me in contact with some reaserchers on this topic?

Also, any comments or suggestion about adding more Barracudas to the list will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. My personal email address is shrubisko@gmail.com

Kind regards

Santiago

Thanks

Default Re: Fairey Barracuda

Hi Santiago..

Seen this example from Peter Arnold?

PS: Still remember the Wapiti request.. havent forgotten! Will get you something this weekend.

Thanks

Hi Jagan

Many thanks for the link. Unfortunately I cannot see the last digits of the serial numbers. I am sure there be more photos. I am eager to find the ones with the big blue roundels an the small ones in the center.

As regards of the Wapitis that will be GREAT.

Cheers
    Santiago

Thanks

Here you go - PN121 -Credit to Peter A

Thanks

Hi Jagan,

That is great. Now we can think about doing it. Please thanks to Peter A.

I hope more photos came out.

Cheers
    Santiago