Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applications for service records during Covid-19 pandemic

Thanks

Default Re: Applications for service records during Covid-19 pandemic

Malcom, hi, what information is hidden under that 'mustering' redacted block. The rest of the form/sheet gives the basic movements/units/dates which I believed was all we needed really, so what info are we being deprived of on that form ?

Andrew

Thanks

The mustering tells you what trade the subject was employed in. For the majority of ORs, this is normally difficult to nail down from a simple list of Stations / units.

I have twice made representation to Cranwell for this to be retrospectively included in the release of service records. There is no reason why they can not release this information as a matter of routine.
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.

Thanks

Ok, I had a look at one of the forms on the gallery here, a non-redacted one to understand. Under the central heading 'Mustering' 'Description and date of Effect' it will say : 'F mech E' and 'Fitt 2E' then over to the right,on the column which is normally redacted, 'Trade', it will say: FM.E and F2E. Are they both not his trade as a flight mechanic engines ? Why is the right hand column redacted and the central one that still tells us his trade, not ? Really doesn't make sense.

Thanks

You will have to ask RAF Cranwell to explain their redaction policy, I'm afraid.
    In fond memory of Corporal James Oakland AGC (RMP), killed in action in Afghanistan on 22 October 2009. Exemplo Ducemus.