Thread: Grave Photo - Cheltenham Cemetery, Prestbury, Gloucestershire, England, UK

Thanks

Default Grave Photo - Cheltenham Cemetery, Prestbury, Gloucestershire, England, UK

Hello,

Being from Canada I was wondering if any Forum members lived close to Gloucestershire and could take a photo of the grave of R94132 F/S Hemming Edward Frank John, Air Gunner who died on 9-Dec-43 and is buried at Cheltenham Cemetery, Prestbury,Gloucestershire, England, UK Sec. D. 1. Grave 1526.

Thank you.

Mike
    Mike Anglin

Barrie, Canada

Thanks

Default Re: Grave Photo - Cheltenham Cemetery, Prestbury, Gloucestershire, England, UK

Hello Mike

I will be happy to do this for you, the snag is we are in lock-down. If there is no hurry and you don't get a better offer I will do it when we are released. You will need to send me a private message with your EMail address.

regards

DaveW
    in Bristol UK

3. The Following User Says Thank You to davew For This Useful Post:

anglin.mj (5th May 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Grave Photo - Cheltenham Cemetery, Prestbury, Gloucestershire, England, UK

Mike
    There are 3 photos on 'findagrave' - one of which is of the gravestone,not very high quality but readable.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...k_john-hemming

rgds baz
    Last edited by bvs; 5th May 2020 at 21:55.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bvs For This Useful Post:

anglin.mj (5th May 2020)

Thanks

Thanks Baz.

I hope thatís an old photo there as it looks like a flake of the stone is spalling off.

Stay well!

Mike
    Mike Anglin

Barrie, Canada

Thanks

Mike,

There is a photo already available from The War Graves Photographic Project (TWGPP) (see https://www.twgpp.org/). Your man's headstone is at https://www.twgpp.org/photograph/view/2875188. Cost is minimal, response is quick and usually includes a photo of the cemetery - and sometimes more than one photo of the headstone. The photos themselves are high quality and can be sent by email.

For those who are unaware of TWGPP it is attempting to construct a worldwide archive of all WW2 graves; the photos come from volunteers hence the low cost of the service. I've used it several times.

Brian
    Last edited by Lyffe; 6th May 2020 at 09:45. Reason: More background info

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyffe For This Useful Post:

anglin.mj (6th May 2020)

Thanks

Thanks Lyffe!
    Mike Anglin

Barrie, Canada