Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying Log Book (FLB) Notations, 125 Sqn

Thanks

Default Re: Flying Log Book (FLB) Notations, 125 Sqn

Also cannot stress enough that the NFT for any night-flying aircraft scheduled for operations would include the whole crew, and that one of the important things to check was that all the interior lights and switches were working, although spare light bulbs (lamps) were usually carried for all important illuminated areas and applications. The NFT abbreviation has been the subject of very many questions on this site over the years, so I am rather surprised to see it pop up again, and also the number of incorrect suggestions made. Should be on the usual lists of abbreviations for RAF in the WW2 era, including the permanent one on this site. Glad to see that the correct interpretation triumphed in the end!

Thanks

Peter, In answer to your question , no they didn't operate that night. Been trying to figure how to post an image, can't find instructions that works, so hopefully this external link might do.

Thanks

Snip! I’ve deleted my comment. After review, I concur with Night Flying Test as being most likely.

Jim
    Last edited by JDCAVE; 9th May 2020 at 04:54.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyflyer1 View Post
    Peter, In answer to your question , no they didn't operate that night. Been trying to figure how to post an image, can't find instructions that works, so hopefully this external link might do.

If you look on Page 2 of the ORB you will see that that six aircraft flew operational defensive patrols that night.

Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyflyer1 View Post

I use Imjur - but any photo hosting site will let you can copy/paste a BB code direct onto your post

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bvs For This Useful Post:

cyflyer1 (9th May 2020)

Thanks

Thank you very much for this. Always learn something at this forum. Really appreciate this.

John Dean