Thread: Save Brunty

Thanks

Default Save Brunty

Thanks

Default Re: Save Brunty

Since discovering Bruntingthope a few years ago, it is the one show I have not missed a single one. It is simply an amazing day out, to see and hear and smell those amazing, unique aircraft is an experience that words cannot descibe. The VC10, the Lightning, the Victor, simply Whow ! I am highly dissapointed. I have been hopeful that next month's run would have gone ahead. Alex, that statement says that the museum has been closed and that Walton has looking at new buildings to house the collection, I doesn't make mention of actual notice of eviction from the airfield. That is totally devastating news if true. Where did this news come from ? Is it your understanding that next month's run is definately off or not ? Airshows have been dealt a serious blow this year with the cancelation of all shows including the seafront shows of Bournmouth and Eastbourne. It wouldn't surprise me if next year didn't take a hit because the aircraft operators haven't earned any money this year.
    Andrew

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cyflyer1 For This Useful Post:

Alex Smart (8th July 2020)

Thanks

Default Re: Save Brunty

Alex,
    I emailed the Lightning Preservation Group that operates the Lightnings at Brunty, asking for a definate answer as to wether or not Brunty was going ahead or not next month, and this is the reply I got:

Hi Andrew
    We have not had definite word but it's safe to assume because of the COVID-19 situation there will not be a Cold War Jets day in August.
    It is very doubtful that the socal distancing and public gathering restrictions will be lifted by then.
    We will post any info we have on our website.

Cheers

Scott

Scott McPhee
    Secretary
    Lightning Preservation Group
    Bruntingthorpe
    Andrew