Thread: F/O Stanley Warren Reeder (172402) 608 Squadron Lost over Berlin 11/10/44

Threaded View

Thanks

Default F/O Stanley Warren Reeder (172402) 608 Squadron Lost over Berlin 11/10/44

Good Evening All & Thank you for letting me join RAF Commands.

Like many people I have used the lock down to start a proper Family Tree, and with Ancestry's help am now in touch with a cousin who introduced me to my Uncle Stanley Warren Reeder, who was the second son of my late Dad's paternal Aunt.

Stanley was a F/O from RAFVR and with 608 Squadron flying Mosquito XXs from Downham Market, and his last mission was on the night of 11/12 October 1944 when he flew a mission over Berlin with his Navigator F/S R J Bolton RAAF in KB364.

He was just 23 when he made the ultimate sacrifice and is buried with RJ Bolton in the Berlin 1939-45 War Cemetery.

I'm doing my best to find out all I can about Stanley's last mission, and would like to know if there is any record showing where his Mosquito came down, and if it was claimed as a victory by a Nachtjager or if he fell to flak.[IMG]C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Family Tree\SWR Crop[/IMG]

I understand there are two comprehensive books on Luftwaffe Night Fighters " Nachtjagd War Diaries Vol.2 Aprill 1944-May 1945" and " Luftwaffe Night Fighter Claim: Combat Claims by Luftwaffe Night Fighter Pilots 1939 -1945" that are out of print or available only on back order right now.

If anyone has either of these books and would kindly let me know if there is any record of a claim relating to KB364 I would be extremely grateful.

I'm aware that there may be Mosquito claims made by Kurt Welter during this time, but frustratingly, there are 2 claims for Mossies between September and December that are undated.

Any help or tips for extending this research and learning more about Stanley would be very welcome.

May I Thank You All in advance, Please Stay Safe & Well in these unprecedented times,

With Warmest Regards,

Kevin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin McDonald For This Useful Post:

Mikehoulding (20th July 2020)