Thread: Tangmere Military Aviation Museum

Thanks

Default Tangmere Military Aviation Museum

I have tried to get in touch (via e-mail) to the Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, that I visited personally som years ago, but so far without any luck.

The reason for my renewed interest is that I have been told, that the museum has the log book of Danish P/O Aksel A. Svendsen [http://www.danishww2pilots.dk/profiles.php?alpha=s&id=89] in their holdings. And I would very much like to see this / get a copy of this / view the information in this...

Would anyone on forum now if the museum has a copying service or if it is possible to view such items at the museum?

Regards,
    Mikkel Plannthin
    Last edited by Mikkel Plannthin; 29th August 2008 at 10:09.
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War

Thanks

Hi Mikkel,
    A bit frustrating when places don't answer. Have you tried the website?
    http://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/

Best Wishes.
    Robert.

Thanks

Hi Mikkel, that is frustrating! I would just post them a letter or phone if you keep getting no replies. I didn't know they held his log books? I think i corresponded with you about the time he crash landed a Hurricane at 5 FTS, so i'd like to know what his log book has to say about that incident. I would hope that they would permit you to look at his log books with prior arrangment, especially if you sent them a link to your website! Let me know if you do get in contact, or if you need, i could try phoning them.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks

It was - I need to stress - by no means my intention to point fingers at the service of the museum. I fully respect, that a rather small museum has limited resources returning queries from all parts of the world.

Therefore, my only intention was to see, if anyone had information on the best way to contact them, their policies etc. in order not to disturb Tangmere unnecessarily.

And, yes I have tried the website (used a contact form).

I'll let ypu know.

Mikkel
    Britain's Victory, Denmark's Freedom. Danish Volunteers in Allied Air Forces During the Second World War
    fb.me/britainsvictorydenmarksfreedom
    danishww2pilots.dk - a resource on Danish aircrew during the Second World War